Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Merry Christmas from TeamKitfox.com

Default !

I'm a bit slow to offer seasons greetings to all the Kitfox group from down under but I trust you all had a great time with family and friends as we did.

And a belated congratulations to you Ken - magnificent timing to give yourself a well eared Christmas present - a present that will no doubt keep on giving!

Safe flying to all.

A couple of pics to share the OZ flavour of Christmas time down under! No snow, hot weather and strange pets to share the spirit of Christmas!

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: Merry Christmas from TeamKitfox.com

Ross,

I like the Pictures. They look a lot like Texas this year, no snow, and no ice. When my daughter an I went to walk the dogs it was warm enough to be wear shorts, as we got home the sun was going down, and it started to get cold. It was in the low 70s degrees fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius).

Is the Kangaroo a pet?

Merry Christmas
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I was wondering too, are the roo's pets or are they so plentiful that they are always around (like squirrels or lizzards here)? They look cool. Are they well behaved?
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Hi guys - as for the roos - our friend looks after ones from road accidents etc so she always has about 6 at her place at an time. They are a lot of fun to have about.They have 5 ac that backs on to bush and there are mobs roos all around. The ones that are cared for integrate and eventually go with the wild mobs but come back now and then. then ones in the photos are still young and very gentle - just like have puppies in some ways. But as they grow older, the males like to box so you have to be a bit careful.

Please note that we live in the country - this is NOT typical in the cities of Australia!!! That said, we back on to the local golf course and as I type I am watching about 20 of them out then grazing about 50m from our window.

From a flying perspective you have to be very careful at remote airstrips as there are a lot of roos. At Mt Beauty I have to scare them off often before landing - especially at dawn and dusk.

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)