Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Today's short trip

Default Today's short trip

Nice & sunny today....very little wind and smooth ride......The snow isn't very deep yet, but it's bright.

For extra points....the 91 octane car gas was down to $3.26 while the 100LL pump was $6.06.....love the Rotax.

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Today's short trip

That's great, Dave! I flew today also, but no snow on the ground (a lot in the mountains!). Is the 91 octane mogas that you use ethanol-free?
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

John,

I didn't mention it; but, that is the ethanol free 91 octane stuff...we have two stations close to the airport and due to the sleds (winter) and boats (summer) both of them pump a lot of this stuff...I think the current price is an invitation for us to fly more!

Regarding yesterday......a person hears so often that airports are somewhat deserted....in this case I think there was a lot of pent up desire to aviate as we have had a fair amount of crappy weather this month........The airports I was at were pretty much beehives.....lots of people out.......saw many aircraft of all types enroute also..

Dave S

nice pictures! Weather Is supposed to finally get better here tues, wed, . Guess what I'll be doing!!!

No snow here. Temps were in the mid 50's Runway was thawed out and very soft. Made a short flight before the fog came back in later this afternoon. Had a couple hours after dinner that it was nice.