Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: just got a kitfox 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: just got a kitfox 1

Hello, I completed a M-1 KITFOX about 2 years ago, No. 88, N375KF. It was a barely started kit that had languished for many years. The kit had nothing firewall forward and was missing a few other parts. The current KITFOX company was very helpful when I needed something even though they had nothing to do with the early kits. They did not have everything but what they were able to do they willingly did. I used an HKS 700 E engine and firewall forward parts from GREENSKY ADVENTURES. Now that is a company worth knowing. The owner of the company owned a KITFOX III and had an HKS 700 E in it. Nothing quite like "been there done that" when it comes to having answers. In my mind the HKS 700 E is a good fit for the early KITFOX models.
    I hope you enjoy the build. I sure did.
    Chetlongshooter.

My 'FoxII with an HKS doesn't have a whole heck of a lot of useful load - no complaint, it's just the nature of the beast. I have removed the ineffective cabin heat it had and simplified the interior to reduce empty weight and give it more useful load. Have you figured out your weights for a 'Fox I with the 4 stroke Rotax? Just sayin'.

Cheers,

L

I considered an Avid with a EA81.
    I then looked at the weight & balance and inquired about the compensation for the engine.
    I said, "No thank you".
    Lou
    KitFox II

Oh I have a grey head 582 for it, just going to keep her simple and light, some day I will find a classic 4 to build with my 912uls. I would have started working on it today, but I pulled the motor off My Quad city challenger and put new crank seals in it, Oh well I got to looked at the kitfox frame alot today while I was doing the seals that was good enough,
    Last edited by TJay; 11-26-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Hey guys it looks like I only have parts of the assembly manual for my kitfox one do you know if I can buy a new one from somewhere I have not contacted kitfox yet. anyway I got a good start on thanksgiving installed all the control systems and landing gear then put my sweet looking tires on her, she is gonna be awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What tires do you have installed?

21-12.00-8

What size tires are those?

thanks Jim