Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
Is anyone out there using a Prince or Catto prop on their Kitfox?

I've been watching, with great interest, threads on several boards about the Zipper motor mods and the associated use of these high tech fixed pitch props.

I have an IVO UL for my Mangy Fox project and if I use the Zipper kit, this prop is not an option any more as it can't handle more than the stock 80 hp.
Larry,

You can use that UL prop if you want to. Steve Henry flew his 912ULS Highlander in his videos with the IVO UL IFA prop. He said the only issue was that on initial full throttle application the prop would cavitate a bit before getting a good bite of air, and then it went like hell However, he was using the Patriot IVO blade, which has a bit more pitch built into it than the regular UL blade. You might want to verify with IVO what blades you have to make a better determination.

But like you, I too am curious if any Kitfoxers are using the CATTO or Prince prop. I just talked to one of my Highlander buds that uses a Prince 74" and absolutely loves it. Granted, I am more interested in the longer versions (the 80 to 84 inch like Troy Woodland is playing with), but I'm not sure our Kitfoxes would have the ground clearance for those lengths (although they might work on floats...). Plus, while I am sure the long blades would provide us with significantly better climb rates, I am afraid the long blade would kill our top end. But it sure would be interesting to hear from someone that is using one.

Paul