Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Landing gear specs for Kitfox 2

Default Landing gear specs for Kitfox 2

I busted up my landing gear in a farmers field on an engine failure this summer, and have the gear in a welding shop for repair. They have asked me for the original manufacture specs or even better a schematic drawing as they want to ensure its fixed properly.

I'm the third owner on my Kitfox and can't find a parts drawing to save my life in my binders inherited from the original owner, nor can i find it online.

its the standard tubular weldment for a tail dragger setup.

does anyone have one handy they could scan or take a picture of and post here by chance?

thanks a bunch if you can!!!

Default Re: Landing gear specs for Kitfox 2

You won't find (anywhere) engineering drawings of the landing gear. That is proprietary Kitfox information. Plans were never offered for sale.

Your best bet to get proper landing gear would be to replace them with a new or an undamaged used set.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Crap. Not the answer i hoped for, but glad to have an answer to go from. Thanks for the quick reply.

I wonder if Kitfox sell new ones... I know that they sell many parts for older models (wing ribs etc)...

They do. Thats the good news. Debra quoted me $475 a piece, will powdercoat to the colour of your choice. Im frustrated, the damage is pretty minor and i thought itd be an easy weld job. Oh well, new parts are best. Whats another grand .... Lol ...... Sigh

Before you buy the new gear, post a picture of the gear damage if you can. Someone here can help you. Look at chapter 4 of AC 43.13

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/m...AC43.13-1b.pdf

I totally know where you're coming from...we discovered cracks in the engine mount the other week...... engine out, re-welded, re-powder coated, Rotax hose-kit (while we're at it), new coolant, rubber engine shocks etc..... The welding is the easy part, it is the down time that sucks.....

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Snapped the shock cord holder off the left side, and broke a corner weld on the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post a want add on the various Kitfox, Avid sites and Barnstormers and you should turn up some used or unused gear. Lot of guys have changed to Grove gear or the newer spring bush gear and no longer need their stock gear. I think the Kitfox gear is the same as the earlier Avid gear (before the MK IV which is taller). I actually have a set of Avid gear for a C model but I'm not sure I want to part with them. I saw a person on the Yahoo groups with a bunch of Avid stuff that he was giving away. Had one taildragger gear leg and one tricycle gear leg in the bunch of stuff. That was just 2 or 3 days ago. The gear is out there waiting for you to find it. Jim Chuk