Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IVO prop slings SS tapes

Default Re: IVO prop slings SS tapes

Quote Originally Posted by kmach View Post
    I fly with the medium IFA on the 912 uls, I go from full fine to full coarse pitch , I have never had a loose or thrown tape . I only replaced them because of damage . All total around 300 hrs, grass , dirt, gravel, and some rough crumbling paved strips.
    I have replaced the tapes because of damage to the tape and find them somewhat hard to remove .
    The grazy glue along the edges seems to help with the edges of the tapes from lifting.
    Do you do anything over and above what IVO shows in their youtube video on tape replacement, or their written directions? I sure wish I could get my tapes to last like that.

I had one tape start to slide off the end of one blade years back. It started to make a strange sound when flying almost like an exhaust leak from the engine. Caught it on the very next pre-flight.

Removing it was not real easy but I did replaced all 3 at the same time using Ivo's instructions. Then after several hundred hours I needed to replace them again and a fellow Kitfox owner on my airport gave me some black prop tape to try. It's been on ever since. Not sure who made it but I'm thinking it came from Aircraft Spruce.
    It would not be the best choice for flying off of gravel strips or cutting tall grass and of course float flying. I have been in and out of many dirt strips here in the desert with no ill affects.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    Do you do anything over and above what IVO shows in their youtube video on tape replacement, or their written directions? I sure wish I could get my tapes to last like that.
    I just followed the video directions
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Maybe the rigidity of the medium over the flexibility of the ultralight has something to do with the tapes staying in place better… ?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

All this talk about IVO props had me yesterday checking the brushes on mine. After changing them found that the motor is now inoperative.Just by coincidence it must have died on my last flight.
    Anyway I have put the ground adjustable hub on so I am not grounded!
    Sure notice the difference though.
    The motor turns freely enough but there is just no electrical action at all. Has anyone ever rebuilt these little motors or does anyone have a spare that is surplus to their needs?
    I called IVO, got a recording and left a message.
    It is a 70" ultralight model.
    Cheers
    Don VIXEN C-FOXK

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Maybe the rigidity of the medium over the flexibility of the ultralight has something to do with the tapes staying in place better… ?
    Yes Larry, I think you are right. I missed that bit of information....that he was talking about the Medium blade. The difference between the medium and the UL blade is significant.

Paul