Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antenna wire

Default Re: Antenna wire

With the short runs in our aircraft, it is unlikely you would notice any discernable difference in performance between a good, high quality sample of RG-58, & RG-400. There is less loss with RG-400, it is better shielded and more fire resistant. Also more expensive. I believe it is required in all new certified aircraft.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Antenna wire

Thanks for all the input on this topic. I broke down and took the EAA Electronics and Avionics Workshop at Paine Field, Everett, WA this past weekend and it was worth the cost and time. I am going to make my own Coax cables because I can and I'm not intimidated by it now. I am going to use the RG-400 cable because of the double shielding. When I got home, I found out my engine had been shipped and will be here next Monday. My prop and nose cone were on the front porch also. I am so excited right now my wife can't stand me!
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF