Hello all, i am new to building a kitfox as i just came into a kitfox 1 for a nice price. it has no instuments so i would like to get your experienced input as to the bare essiatials that i might need. i don't want to give up much weight, so i would just like to know what you guys think one should shoot for for minimum instruments for a nice clean simple panel. both my daughter and i like old school, so we are not looking for the newest wizz bang items, just what will get the job done in a classic aircraft. was thinking simple, 2-1/2" airspeed 0-160 knots (??? maybe), vertical speed 0 - 2,000 fps or something like that? altitude 0 -12,000 ft, old turn and bank indicator (old style ball in arced tube kind maybe) and then basic insturmentation for rotax 582, CHT for both cylinders, egt for both cylinders, water temp, amps. what else do you guys think we should shoot for? spose we will need xponder and maybe just go with handheld nav/comm portable with 2-place intercomm system, what else do you think?
thanks very much.
micheal