Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 912 installation Model 3 or 4

Default Rotax 912 installation Model 3 or 4

need some help. could anyone with a model 3 or 4 with the rotax 912 send me a pic of the engine installation. Want to how its done, especially if you have to use the suspension mount and bolt that to the engine mount

Default Re: Rotax 912 installation Model 3 or 4

Here is a pic of the new mount attached to the engine. I tried to attach the engine to the mount while it was installed on the airframe but just couldn't get the engine mounts on the adapters to line up. I ended up mounting the engine to the mount and then had a friend help me install it to the Airframe. there are a couple of bolts that are longer than the rest to accommodate electrical wires. there are a couple that needed spacers, I discovered this when I attached the engine mount to the airframe. Hope that helps, I have other pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Helps out a lot. Did you buy the mount from kitfox? How much? Is the mount attached right to the engine or does the mount attach to the suspension mount that rotax makes. If you have more pic that would be great. You can email them to me at dalords@cableone.net or text them to me at 208-403-8149. Thanks so much

On the 1-4 Kitfox, the oil tank is above and behind the motor. This eliminates the ability to use the Rotax "horse collar" mount and requires the intake manifolds to be reversed side to side.

I would recommend not reversing the carbs, just the manifolds, to keep the cables and adjustments on the outside for ease of operation.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I bought it from Kitfox. I ordered all new rubber and hardware so the total bill was nearly 900 bones. It came with the shorter bushings per the SB# on said bushings. Are you doing a remove and replace or are you doing an initial install?
    Im in Idaho and will be flying in a few days,(Barring any imperial entanglements) I"ll send pics to the address you gave me, but much of what you need is in the build manual for the IV. Lets talk on the phone.
    I"ll PM you my private number.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for all the help. Jay I will try to give you a call.

I know this is a really old post, but hoping someone with knowledge will chime in. Looking to redo firewall forward on a kitfox III. Currently running an HKS 700T looking at putting 100hp 912 in. Anyone know where I could source the engine mount? Is it the same as the IV?