Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wing Storage

Default Wing Storage

The manual is very particular about keeping the wings out of sunlight. Anyone have a scientific reason for this? I mounted the wings on the Fuse and have grown tired of covering and uncovering them after pushing in and out of the garage each time I work on the KF Super Sport. I expect to have the wings covered within the next 60-90 days.

Default Re: Wing Storage

UV's will deteriate the coatings on the wing materials,..the coating on the ribs ..the material the tank is made of ..fuel lines,..until the wing is finished with the UV protectant and then the paint ,..it's best to cover it if your taking the plane outside to work on it...

I've used un coated roofing paper to cover wings on some of the planes I built that had epoxied pieces and other items that were suseptible to UV rays and taped it on the topside of the wing if I was going to work on it outside the hangar,..I left it on the wing as a dust cover until I was ready to cover it,..
    I'm thinking it's like 15 $ a roll ..it's 36 or 40 inches wide and 100 foot long

Chase

Also the reason we try to stay away from paint schemes with dark colors on the top side of the wings here in the desert.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear