Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: after market 582 top end kits

Default after market 582 top end kits

Looking for opinions on the after market top end kits. Good or bad reports. Especially the pistons with single rings and caged bearing. You can get these kits with all the gaskets for around $250, the price for one piston fron rotax

Default Re: after market 582 top end kits

Please keep in mind I am not an engine rebuilder or professional so take this info only as things I have found.
    The pistons from the SeaDoo 580 engines are dual ring and I have used them in the 582 with good results.
    I have used the single ring Piston with the caged bearings with some sucess (150 hrs ) no engine stoppage but never really felt comfortable flying behind the motor. I have been told, the dual ring piston dissappates heat better. The cageless bearing is said to provide better performance as well. I fly over prairie farmland so using a non stock parts may be more acceptable than if I was flying in the mountains. If you are looking for parts at a ski doo dealership tell them you are checking for a 1996 Grand touring 580. Most snowmo shops won't talk to you once you mention airplane. I sometimes use this site to check part numbers etc.
    http://www.skidooparts1st.com/oempar...ring-580-parts
    Good luck in your search
    Norm