Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alum. header tank question. KF IV

Default Re: Alum. header tank question. KF IV

I agree. I was thinking the same thing as John.

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    I thought of that too John. But as this fabric is already finished I was worried about the possible lack of adhesion between the flange and painted fabric. As I've seen how much the fabric can flex in flight so I'm worried it may pull loose. I was thinking about only clamping the hose to the flange and not the header tank to allow some movement. As far as a leaky sump drain, that's what condition inspections, pre-flights, and a good inflight panel (and fuel level) scan is for. IMO and KF vacuum Flange Unlike a missing fuel cap, a cracked sump o-ring would be a minor leak. To be honest, nothing scares me like the thought of flying behind a two stroke. I know, they've been around and flying for decades, but I can't shake that feeling...

Hi!
    I am converting my front tank to 13 gal wing tanks on my KF IV.
    I have decided to build the header tank myself. To save some time I kindly ask if some one could give me the measures of an aluminium tank for the KF IV?
    Best regards
    Johan

Hi Johan,
    If you're doing your own tank, you can design whatever you want. I'm in the process of making one that uses most of the space behind the seat. I of course used CAD (Cardboard Assisted Design). Here are a couple of pics of mine and some dimensions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Hi Paul!
    That sure looks like a big one. Thank you for sharing.
    Are you going with 6061-T6? What thickness do you use?
    /Johan

1/16" 3003 I believe. It's what I had on hand. I incorporated a low fuel sensor and a low point belly drain. Outlet of header feeds into an existing backup Facet electric pump.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med