Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Differences

Smile Differences

Being new to the Kitfox line up will somebody knowledgeabul tell me the differences between a Kifox iv and a Kitfox V so I can decide which to buy. Thank you.

Default Re: Differences

welcome to the site,
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada

Wheelerg I am looking at a iv 1200 and you have one . What are your likes and dislikes of this craft or pros and cons ? Thanks

As for flying in a model 4, I love it, it is truly seat of the pants type of flying.. I originally did my training in a 172 and liked that until I got hooked on Kitfox, I wanted the higher load (1200) as I weigh 240 lbs and am 6-3". I can only comment on my model 4 as I have never flown or have had any experience in another model. I have the bubble doors on mine and they are great, there will be others who can chime in here with lots of good info, I looked at a Highlander originally but was way to pricey.
    in summation I love my model 4
    Gary
    Gary
    Kitfox 4 1200
    Eastern Ontario
    Canada

The main difference is the V is a larger airplane. Part of its design goals was the ability to accept a Continental or Lycoming engine's weight better. The cabin is wider and the empennage is longer (to offset more engine weight).

There is a very complete lineage and description on the Kitfox website. Link
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos