Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Folded Wing brace specs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Folded Wing brace specs

Hi TJ, Could I get the overall lengths of the 5/16" bolts and the 1/4" bolts that you made the pins out of, I have not the airplane yet, so I will make them up in advance. I will also use 3/4 conduit, so the lengths I will make should be the same..Thanks again for all info..

Default Re: Folded Wing brace specs

Quote Originally Posted by Mcslamma View Post
    Hi TJ, Could I get the overall lengths of the 5/16" bolts and the 1/4" bolts that you made the pins out of, I have not the airplane yet, so I will make them up in advance. I will also use 3/4 conduit, so the lengths I will make should be the same..Thanks again for all info..
    After I cut the threads off both, the top and bottom bolts are 3 and 1/2 inches measured from under side of the head to end of the shank.

On both top and bottom pins a 3/32" safety pin hole is drilled 3 and 1/8th inches from under side of the head to put the safety pin through.

The cushion I use between the wing spar and support brace is 3/16" thick rubber belting.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder