Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correct seat pan installation?

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Correct seat pan installation?

I too unlace them to remove the seats. They are a little stiff but no real problems. I angle the belt end , so you are getting a corner started , once started they seem to come thru easy.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Quote Originally Posted by airlina View Post
    I always struggled with pulling the belts out of the adjusters , until a few years back when I took a razor knife and cut the thread from the end of the belt where it is folded over itself. No more tugging and pulling to get the belts out. When I put it all back together, I use a couple dabs of hot glue to put the belt ends back to their original rolled up configuration. Bruce N199CL
    I was almost to the point of cutting the ends off and burning the ends. I like your idea better. Although, now that I have the belts out I can clean them easier.

All well and good until the first time you try a Lomcevak in your Kitfox, and your
    buckles slip to the ends of the straps. Then the hot glue you bought for your
    glue gun, which was just the general purpose and not the heavy duty variety ...
    let's loose and you end up hanging through the the sunroof like Wiley Coyote
    grasping for dear life the last remaining strap with one hand, and and your
    headset cord with the other wishing that you hadn't cut the threads out of
    those "intentionally oversize" rolled up ends.

I offered to re-sew Bruce's in a private email for free, but he declined and says
    he has complete faith in hot glue gun glue.

Jeff

Not that I am relying on my glue , but my point is if the seatbelt straps have slipped to the point that they are all the way to the ends of the belt , they are doing you no good anyway. Bruce

I was thinking of a hole melted through the rolled up end with a 10-32 bolt through it myself. Or, enlarge the slot in the center of the seat pan so you can get one belt at a time through the slot. The larger slot seems like an easier solution to me.
    Jay

You're right, if they slip that far you have much bigger problems anyway.

I've really never had difficulty to get the bolts out, so it never really
    occurred to me to try anything else. Having a ten year old son with small
    fingers makes it a lot easier also.

Regards,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by airlina View Post
    Not that I am relying on my glue , but my point is if the seatbelt straps have slipped to the point that they are all the way to the ends of the belt , they are doing you no good anyway. Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    I'm sure glad I did get the seat out as I see two things that must be fixed. One is both brake lines rubbing under the left aileron control rod and the end of the flap pushrod is rubbing the fabric at the aft end of the rod.
    The flap pushrod hitting the fabric is common with the IVs. My fix was simply to glue a strip of Polycarbonate to the inside of the fabric where it touches. It still touches, but there won't be any wear on the fabric.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I was thinking of a thin section of Teflon or nylon glued to the skin. Or a piece of light ply from my model airplane scrap box. I'm still pondering my adhesive choice.