Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox IV revival info needed..

Default Kitfox IV revival info needed..

Hi All, my question relates to a Kitfox IV-1200 that I am contimplating purchasing. I recently aquired my Rec private permit and Float endorsement, and have found a 1994 fox equiped with floats ,skiis, and gear
    that is just what I want, but: This kitfox has been stored for about 10 years, it has 306 hrs on airframe and engine, 912UL with piston Mod(95hp)

The airplane was flying when stored, was cleaned up and painted, fuel drained, carbs removed overhauled by a Rotax dealer, etc, wings folded and then put in a garage. It has all logs from start, one owner who was the builder and pilot, has the build manual, etc, Paperwork from TC filled every year and sent off, Question: Is their any reason this airplane would not be worth serious consideration?

Default Re: Kitfox IV revival info needed..

From your description there is very little I'd be overly scared of on this plane. Get a good prebuy inspection by a qualified A&P to be sure.

The high compression mod in itself is not usually a problem, but can complicate having the motor serviced at a Rotax facility. (They don't like aftermarket mods...). 912 engines are very tolerant to long storage without internal problems, like many certificated engines have.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi,

From the details you provided this sounds like a good find !

If the price is fair and if a prebuy inspection by an AME or kitfox guru checks out good, it should be a good performer.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Yea, I hope it works out, she looks good alright, It is registered as a Amature built with a C-F tag so that gives me some comfort in the initial building process. The floats are straight Aluminum 1150's, not Zenair or Chech though. Thanks for the comments. I starting flying 25 years ago, when it was CHEAP. now I have pilot permit, I am also reviving a dream..

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Except mine has the Rotax 582 two stroke. I got mine cheap enough to cover an engine overhaul and some repairs and not be backwards in the value. Mine was built in '94 and has 175 hours, then stored for 10 years. It may have a fuel tank issue that could result in me being backwards in the thing if I need to have a tank replaced. The way I look at it, @#&% happens. I stopped flying almost 20 years ago after my we got married. The marriage wasn't the fault, my dad owned the airplane and moved after retirement. That sucked!
    I now have my own airfield that I maintain, kinda like Field of Dreams, hoping for someone to come. So I thought before I get too old to get back into this flying thing before it's too late.

You could call Murle Williams in Phoenix, William's Aviation. He does pre-buys. He just went to Boston, MA for a customer.
    602-978-0553

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear