Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Will be picking up a Kitfox kit soon (Model III)

Default Will be picking up a Kitfox kit soon (Model III)

Greeting All:

Going to look at a partially started Kitfox kit soon. Have never had a Kitfox before but I am impressed with the construction from Kitfox. Sturdy little bird for sure and well thought out.

From what I can tell it appears to be a Model III. I say this because, what I have seen so far, it has a concave lower wing and metal flaperon attachments. Comes with a 582.

Is there anything else to look at to verify the model?

Also, is there a resource where I could obtain overall dimensions of this bird (to include wheel stance etc)?

Any pro's and cons of a Model III to be aware of?

Many thanks,

Larry S.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Will be picking up a Kitfox kit soon (Model III)

Hi,

First place for info is the Kitfox factory website.

Their link is on the top left when you are on this forum in the Supporting Vendors area. Look left

The serial number should tell what model it is .

Have you tried a search on this website ?
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Can't speak to the identifying your Kitfox other than the serial number. I can speak about how much I enjoy my Kitfox III/912. Mine has about 1100 hours on it, all but 325 hrs flown by me. I live in Central Texas and have flown to Oshkosh 3 times, Sun n Fun twice, South Carolina, Arizona and all states in between.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Here are a few quick ways to identify which model. If it has under cambered wings, it's a 1, 2, or 3. If it has a 36" wide cabin, it's a 1. The 1 and 2 had shorter lift struts than the 3. Sorry I don't have the lengths of the lift struts off hand, I should have measured my Kitfox 1 project's struts before I posted this message, but off hand, I would say they are about 7' long, and the 3 are about 8'. Jim Chuk

Larry,
    I've had a model 1, 2, both sold and currently have a 4 that's flying and a model 4/912 speedster almost done project. I'm a little over 100 miles away. If you need something send a PM or call 607-895-6168.
    Tom Parkhurst

Thank you for all the valuable replies here. I will be dropping by today and will see if I can locate the serial number on the frame (getting to the paperwork is still a few weeks away).

Unfortunately the Kitfox website doesnt appear to have much on the older birds (from what I have found anyway, might be looking on the wrong place).

Primarily looking for a plan drawing (for overall dimensions of the gear) and a POH.

Larry S.
    Last edited by LSaupe; 06-12-2014 at 02:13 AM.