Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: passenger warning

Default passenger warning

Is a "Passenger Warning" label in the cockpit required by FAA regulations, or is it something done by tradition? For that matter, what about the "Experimental" label?

Default Re: passenger warning

The answer to both questions is "yes". I didn't look up the regulation, but if someone doesn't jump in here with the correct reference, you can google up the FAA FAR's and find the specific regulation that deals with the subject.
    Chuck Gruby
    Petal, Kit Fox III Flying

Check 14 CFR 45.22 and 45.25, can also be found in AC 20-27G.

Dick B

Mr Bill,

FAA Advisory Circular 20-27G, which is current, provides a huge amount of information in the form of guidance, based on the regulations, for building, registering, marking, operating, etc an experimental aircraft - it's not the reg, but it is a plain language document which the FAA distributes to make all this stuff easier to digest.

The link below will load the PDF of the document which covers the questions you have on page 22. Also has just about everything else a person is required to do to get an experimental registered/certified under a Special Airworthiness certificate.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/4db2c5cd655cb3cc86257647004af4ee/$FILE/AC%2020-27G.pdf

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

If the passenger warning wasn't the first thing my DAR looked for when inspecting my Kitfox, it was the 2nd.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for the input. After checking those sources and looking at AC45-4, I found they are both required, the exact wording to use and the locations where to place them.

Have any of you recent builders found a supplier for the passenger warning placards with the new revised wording now required by the FAA? I checked with Spruce a few weeks ago, and they didn't have anything yet. The Feds must have people sitting around looking for things to change like this, but they don't have the manpower to do airworthiness inspections in many parts of the country, evidently.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I did not post either question. A mixup somewhere.

I just ordered the packet of registration paperwork from EAA and if you look at what is included in that packet, there are several sticker items. I notice that both the old and the new Passenger Warning are on that collection of stickers.
    I have not got them in the mail yet so I have no way of verifying this yet. Probably something that Aerographics could produce.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    Have any of you recent builders found a supplier for the passenger warning placards with the new revised wording now required by the FAA? I checked with Spruce a few weeks ago, and they didn't have anything yet.
    Do you see what you're looking for here (on page 3)?

https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/.../cat/3103.html