Quote Originally Posted by Jch View Post
I'm sure everyone's first flight is unique. I had 7hours of dual in a Champ before I pushed the throttle in on the SS7/912uls and the lighter weight with no instructor, more power, and more responsive controls were a handful for me. Directional control on takeoff was not pretty. The flight felt very good. And the landing was acceptable. The second flight wasn't remarkable, but tonight...oh my! I took the doors off and flew from 7-8pm I wish I could have flown at night during my Phase I. Relaxing,enjoyable, I am on cloud nine as I write this. I did 15-20 touch and goes on sod and somewhere along the line my tail wheel springs came off. I don't know if I had them too loose or too tight. Wondering what to get and how to attach them so they don't come off again? Looking forward to my next evening flight.
Jeff.. Evening Flight can be awesome!
2 Things...
One - we have what are referred to Draw Spring or Compression Spring that seems to work well.
Similar to http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...le_springs.php but both springs are the same.
Two - Check Wheel Alignment.. Be sure the mains are either aligned straight or with a very slight tow out.