Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: No sight tubes on fuel tanks?!?!?

Default No sight tubes on fuel tanks?!?!?

I just bought my '94 vintage IV and he builder did not put any sight gauges in the tank ends. He said he could see the level through the tank wall. I'm starting to doubt him on this point. Can I now install tubes at this late a date?
    Thanks,
    Jay

Smile Re: No sight tubes on fuel tanks?!?!?

I have a model 2 with wig tanks, and the fuel level is easy to see, no sight tubes.

Cheers,

Larry

Default Re: No sight tubes on fuel tanks?!?!?

HI Larry,

Building a model 2 in Concord, NH and have both wing tanks with the taps for sight tubes in both but only one tank has the see through capability. Is yours set up that way?

Mark

Installing sight tubes on my Model III was pretty easy. I used rubber grommets , push-in 90 deg elbow fittings and Bing blue fuel line with brass rod inserts. Developing the placards to go behind the gauges was the most time consuming task. I made aluminum backing plates, calibrated with a paper template, did the artwork and had them made up at a vinyl sign shop.

If you want to go that way, I can provide sources for the parts I used.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Concord, NH! I live in Hillsboro and my 'Fox is kept at KEEN.

Both wing tanks are translucent and level out with each other - a simple off or both fuel selector prevents mistakes - one side has lines on the inside wall of the tank for 3/4, 1/2, etc in 2 sets for level and on the ground sitting on the tail wheel. We'll have to get together.

I'm a member of EAA 1314 in Keene. we meet once a month (3rd Sat of the month). If you're interested you could drive to Hillsboro and ride the rest of the way with me. I share a hangar with a Sonex, one guy is building a Fisher Celebrity, I'm building a Micro Mong, it's slow but then hangar rent here is salty but where I started it hangars were much less, right now I'm slowly fixing up the "Fox, have flown it some. 1314 is a small group, but active for its size.

Cheers,

Larry

you guys better get your birds flying I will be in NH this June ,..flying my 5 up
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL