Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 582 Carb problems

Default Rotax 582 Carb problems

I have a model 2 with 582. The fuel lines, pump are all new carbs have been rebuilt. Problem is when running for about three to five minutes the carbs both start flooding out of vent lines and engine floods then dies. I put in new floats, float needles and have set the float height many times. The idle is around 2200 and I have tried faster to smooth it out thinking rough idle upsets jet, no luck. Also have sealed top end with new gaskets and o rings pistons and rings are clean. Any ideas?

Default Re: Rotax 582 Carb problems

What prop are you using and how much vibration do you have? Enough vibration and it unseats the float valves leading to the issues you’re seeing.

I had this problem which led me to installing a RK400 clutch in mine.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Quote Originally Posted by Cobramatt View Post
    I have a model 2 with 582. The fuel lines, pump are all new carbs have been rebuilt. Problem is when running for about three to five minutes the carbs both start flooding out of vent lines and engine floods then dies. I put in new floats, float needles and have set the float height many times. The idle is around 2200 and I have tried faster to smooth it out thinking rough idle upsets jet, no luck. Also have sealed top end with new gaskets and o rings pistons and rings are clean. Any ideas?
    “FIXED YOU WERE SO RIGHT, REMOVED PROP SET IDLE TO 2000 RAN PERFECT”
    Thank You.

Glad it’s running better, but you may need to add a prop back one day...

Hope you find a good setup that lets you idle it.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med