Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox - Sun-n-Fun

Default Kitfox - Sun-n-Fun

As many of you know.. We (Kitfox Aircraft) do not normally attend Sun-n-Fun and haven't for many years. Well here is the update just posted on the web and will be released Monday.

Kitfox Going to Sun ‘n Fun!

Surprise! Earlier this year, we announced that Kitfox would not be able to participate in the big air shows of early 2014. Our large backlog of orders is good news for us but bad news when it comes to sending resources to the spring season air shows. But just a few days ago, we received a call from the U.S. distributer for Rotax® engines with an offer we just couldn’t refuse. They asked if we could display our newest Kitfox S7 Super Sport at the independent Rotax® Service and Training Centre booth (SE-014 at the main entrance) at Sun ‘n Fun this year, as a means of demonstrating the long time support Rotax® has provided to both the kit plane and S-LSA end of the light aircraft market. As one of the most experienced users of the Rotax 9 series engines and manufacturer of both kit and S-LSA airframes using the Rotax® engines, we were honored to be selected as the company to represent Rotax® use in recreational aircraft.

I am expected to leave our Idaho factory location on March 25, allowing time for meetings with Rotax® staff and a briefing on important announcements that are expected from the Rotax® side of the house. While production issues are still of the highest priority, John commented, “Should I consider it a compliment if my team says they can do just fine without me at the plant? Seriously, we have taken a good look at the production line and this trip will not impact deliveries. The opportunity to support our good friends at Rotax® is just too good to pass up. We hope our Kitfox family will stop by and say hello. We may have some surprises to announce and I look forward to greeting folks in person.”
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Kitfox - Sun-n-Fun

Awesome! Flying or trailering?
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Good news john.
    I was about to start a post; any other foxes or fox pilots going to sunnfun?
    Ken

planning to go for a couple of days, hope to see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    Awesome! Flying or trailering?
    Chase, we fly and are actually one of the only Kit and Light Sport Manufactures that fly factory aircraft to the shows. From Seattle to Arizona to Wisconsin to
    Florida.. This year we're going to the Alaskan Airman's Gathering in Anchorage as well. Now we just need to figure how to get into the New England area.... And Hawaii. Who said the Kitfox isn't a cross country aircraft...
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

Hey john,
    is debra along as well and how about your yellow and white shadow with the sticknrudder skills? ken

Currently Solo.... Single ship and single seat.... Single ship may change.
    Last edited by jdmcbean; 03-23-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

We hope to be there on Friday, the 4th.

Here's the SPOT Link we setup if you want to follow along...

Idaho to Florida for Sun-n-Fun

The link will not be active until Tuesday

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...iCShjT3Xj8ZphV

Return trip will start around the April 7th.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcbean View Post
    Chase, we fly and are actually one of the only Kit and Light Sport Manufactures that fly factory aircraft to the shows. From Seattle to Arizona to Wisconsin to
    Florida.. This year we're going to the Alaskan Airman's Gathering in Anchorage as well. Now we just need to figure how to get into the New England area.... And Hawaii. Who said the Kitfox isn't a cross country aircraft...

Awesome on that John,. my youngest and I are planning a cross country to New England in June via Tenn, NC, SC, VA, PA, Mass., and NH then back here to Mid MO.
    Can't make it to S&F this year ..she is still in school in april, we were going to go to Fla too,.. but time doesn't allow it on this cross country.

There are some good place's in New England and fall time is the best for beautiful foliage flights, and flyer friendly weather ,..as a rule it is best in the fall,.. I was based at CNH and 2B3 up that way, and worked at Biore field KASH fueling Jets and GA in the 90's
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL