Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: starting propeller pitch

Default Re: starting propeller pitch

my thought, if it's just one blade with the problem, possible bad blade. call warp and ask them.

also check your bolts and make sure you are not bottoming out before it tightens the blade. threads aren't long enough. might need to put on washers.

Wheels,

the balance is good with the low mid and full throttle points being smooth as silk
    Was this confirmed with a Dynavibe (or equal) digital balancer - Classic or preferably GX2 type?

Greg

Confirmed by my hand on the controls. I will take the plane to the big city this month and they will balance the prop. I don't know what they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I flew my model IV today with the 70'' three blade warp drive. the most I could get at WOT was 4800. I have a friend who offered his digital level but I don't have a pitch angle tool. Do I need one?
    I guess I'll call Warpdrive for the torque values, but can anyone ballpark the numbers.
    Yes you need a pitch angle tool. It is the only way to assure you have the level at the right prop angle.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas