Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IVO Prop Pitch Adjustment

Default Re: IVO Prop Pitch Adjustment

From Ivo on torque of large jam nut-
    http://www.ivoprop.com/images/PDF%20...structions.pdf

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I suppose I?m re-reviving this post. I recently bought a Kitfox with a medium ground adjustable Ivoprop. I fly at a much lower DA and need to pitch it more for climb (it?s currently only 5000 RPM static). I have also been all over the ivo website and YouTube without any luck. The ultralight directions have a torque setting for the jamnut, but I don?t see any torque settings for the medium prop. Anyone have any information?

Separate, but related? the instructions say that if I am going to remove the blades, I need to turn the adjuster screw to neutral. This may be a dumb question, but? how do I know where neutral is? I haven?t started adjusting yet because I haven?t removed the jamnut so that might be obvious when I start moving the screw adjuster. At some point I will probably remove them and replace the leading edge tape? it?s pretty beat up.

IVO doesn't seem to publish a torque spec for the jam nut. If you're using a rod going through the hole in the screw adjuster, then just snug the jam nut. It has a lot of surface area and I never had mine come loose.

You really don't need to remove the blades to replace the leading edge tape. If you choose to do so, as you loosen the tension on the screw adjuster, you'll hit a range where you can turn it by hand and you can feel when it starts putting pressure on the blade cams. I typically make sharpie marks on the face plate and screw adjuster to keep track of my adjustments.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med