probably everyone else already knows this but for me it's new . while following the oratex thread I went to their site . on their site they list some tools that they will sell you , one of the tools is a toko iron . a little searching and I found a thread on the backcountry pilot site where they talk about the iron . this toko iron turns out to be a ski wax iron . since my winter project of reworking the tail on my 1050 involves some fabric work I thought I'd shell out $60 or$70 and give one a try . naturally I went for the cheap one to try it out and as it turned out well worth the money . no comparison to the clothes iron . heats up fast , holds a temp rock solid and smaller , and easier to use . the time saved in calibrating alone is worth the money . naturally there are a bunch of different models and a guy could spend hundreds of dollars for one if he wanted . not being a skier I had never heard of a ski wax iron much less using it to shrink fabric . I did think I had a problem with the iron when I first received it . I couldn't get more than 95 degrees with the infrared gun but figured out the gun wouldn't read off the shinny surface of the iron . worked great with the polyfiber method of calibration .