Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 912 Big Bore

Default Re: 912 Big Bore

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Is the prince prop not working out for you Larry? Jim Chuk
    The performance on the prop was very good, but I wanted to see some more rpm out of the engine. I felt it was lugging too much. I was only getting 4800 on takeoff and flat out it was only getting to 5500.

So, I sent it back to Lonnie to get it tweaked a little bit. I should have it back this week. The engine started as a 80hp motor with the 2.27:1 gear ratio. My Prince prop as originally configured, I would bet, would be a better fit to the 2.43:1 gear ratio of the 100 hp engine.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Does anyone knows an email adress to communicate with the Zipper guys?
    I tried the form at the website and also the adress prvovidet there, but got no answer.

Thanks
    Andreas

This has been a holiday weekend in the US, so they may not answer for a few days. You may want to try calling and leaving a voicemail.

I'm not real sure how email oriented Hal is...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I tried to mail during the last weeks ;-/
    Is http://zipperbigbore.com/contact/ the right website or exists another one? I prefer to email because I'm German and my english language skills are not as good as it should to be ;-)

I've called them at the phone number listed, so I believe the e-mail is correct.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I know both Jay and Hal will answer their phone, I have never tried emailing. Jay receives texts I believe however I am pretty sure Hal doesn't. I will reach out and see if Jay can send over his email or possibly jump on this thread to help you out.

Jay texted back saying his email is zipper1484@hotmail.com, I am guessing that is the same as on the site so I suggested he check his spam folder incase your emails are getting mistakenly sent to that folder. Hopefully he will be in touch.

Thank you very much. I just send an email again.

Andreas

I'm headed down to Elko next month to have Hal install the Big Bore kit. I need to change the starter to the HD. one. My question to you guys is, will the starter clear the engine mount by just loosening the ring mount? Or does it need to be pulled clear off. I E-mailed John M. He said it's been a long time since he changed a starter on a Rotax. He thinks by loosening the ring mount it might.
    Thanks John

As I recall you can remove the bolts and change the position of ring.