Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your cost for your Annual Inspection?

Default Re: What's your cost for your Annual Inspection?

I am wondering if you guys that are getting an owner assisted annual for about $150 are including the Rotax 100 hour checklist as well as the airframe checklist?
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

The comments from TJ and Geowitz are making me wonder about a couple details. I didn't ask my DAR about requiring a condition inspection prior to the A/W inspection, I just assumed he could do the A/W inspection as a stand alone operation. I need to check on that. Also Geowitz stated that he did the condition inspection prior to A/W inspection??????? I must be slightly confused because I thought that Repairman certificate is obtained from the FSDO after A/W has been completed?

If you get someone that knows experimentals and trust you doing the work. It generally cost 100-150 for the guy to go along with you with a checklist and than sign it off.

THe big problem is getting someone that cares. there are many ap's that just flat out don't like experimentals. they will look at your plane, shake their head and walk away. those people you do not want doing your plane.

It is tough to find someone. might have to fly your plane to another airport to find one. good luck.

The last step in the Kitfox build manual (SS7) is the annual condition checklist. You go thru this as the builder (not the repairman yet) and it must be submitted to the MIDO as part of the paperwork package (at least that was the procedure here in Oregon) before they will schedule the AW inspection.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Sorry for the thread creep..., but yeah, the last thing you do as the builder is a condition inspection and an endorsement to your logbook stating...

"I certify that I have built this aircraft for my own education and recreation, and I have inspected it fully. I am the manufacturer, and I consider it eligible for issuance of an Experimental Airworthiness Certificate for the purpose of operating amateur-built aircraft under provisions of FAR 21.191(g). "

For me at least, this had to be done prior to any DAR/FAA inspection. No requirement for an A&P to be involved at all. Looking for a link to document this requirement.

I spent a few dollars on zip ties and cotter pins during my first condition inspection. I had thought about getting an A&P to help just for an extra set of eyes, but didn't have the time around the holidays. I'm guessing around here it would have cost me around $200 - $300 with my assistance.

Thanks Jim & GEO, I will make sure that applies to my situation and then comply.

I really like the concept of being the authorized repairman for this airplane but at the same time my feeling is that fresh eyes on something as complex and potentially hazardous as these airplanes is also a good idea.

I'm waiting for my carbs to come home from LEAF and then it's final assembly. I will update with a new thread and photos upon completion of the A/W inspection.

Finally found it. This link...

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...%20chg%203.pdf

Page 155.