Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your cost for your Annual Inspection?

Denali

Default What's your cost for your Annual Inspection?

Ok, for those lucky KF owners who have their repairman's certificate, or AP, etc and can do their own annual conditional inspection on their own aircraft, life is good.

For those non-AP mechanic folks who maybe looking at buying an EAB that has already gotten an N tail number and AW certificate, it can be a different story.

Given that KF planes are not that " all that" complex compared to certain other certificated aircraft, I was just wondering what KF owners are paying these days in 2013/14 for their annual inspections.

I am sure based on location, relationships with APs, etc the figures will vary greatly. Nevertheless, feedback would be welcomed.
    Last edited by Denali; 02-03-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Default Re: What's your cost for your Annual Inspection?

I don't know, I think last years was under 40dollars. but then again, I keep things up though the whole year, so I might have spent something and didn't remember.

I've been paying an A&P about $150. for an owner assisted annual.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Around here they are $50 - $150 depending on the plane. That's the A&P looking at the plane & paperwork while the owner does all the work...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

same here providing nothing needs replacement or repair , one of my friends had to do both mags wires Carb kit and fix the exhaust on his 172,,ouch
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

In my area it's typical to pay $200-300 and that gets you a sqwuak (sp) list that may or may not need to be reconciled prior to the logbook entry. I realize that may seem high but I think the guys paying lower prices are returning to the same A&P year after year. I have been churning my airplanes on an almost annual basis so I haven't really built a relationship for ongoing annual condition inspection.

My current project is weeks away from original A/W inspection. (I've been saying that for a few weeks). I was planning to have it done by the FSDO administrator at $0 fee but he wants a condition inspection done prior to his A/W inspection. I'm wondering if this is typical for other areas.

I've decided to go with our local DAR who is charging $275 and I've known him a while and he's always been a very reasonable guy for these matters.

Hope this is helpful, the answer went somewhat beyond the scope of your question but it seemed related and perhaps relevant to others.

$150. Owner does all the work except compression test which is done by A&P or IA.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

I pay $300 per year, which includes any and all work needed for the entire year. Last year I had to install a new fuel pump, and a tire went flat on landing. Steve, the AI and I worked all three, and he signed off all three. Since mine is a SLSA I need to have an A&P or AI sign things off, I can not get a Repairman Certificate. It is a little higher then I would like but I trust Steve and he does good work.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

tommg asked:
    My current project is weeks away from original A/W inspection. (I've been saying that for a few weeks). I was planning to have it done by the FSDO administrator at $0 fee but he wants a condition inspection done prior to his A/W inspection. I'm wondering if this is typical for other areas.
    The rules seem to change often and they are also interpreted differently by each FSDO but anyhow, When I built my kitfox the annual condition inspection was required before FSDO or DAR inspection and the builder was allowed to do it.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Quote Originally Posted by t j View Post
    The rules seem to change often and they are also interpreted differently by each FSDO but anyhow.
    Same for me. I signed off my first condition inspection as the builder before the DAR inspection.