Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flaperon Hangar rash. Fix or replace them? Pics.

Default Re: Flaperon Hangar rash. Fix or replace them? Pics.

there is a tube that runs the length of the flaperon internally the hinges pivot on it,..but you might be able to push a thin bucking bar under or over it from the rear or try to cut the Styrofoam in a way that you can replace it after
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I suffered similar rash from an over eager helper. Taking a kitfox to the airport is like taking a puppy to the beach. Everyone wants to come look at the cute little airplane and help you unload.

I roughed up the dents and filled with Hysol.

Push the aileron connecting rod down...stick toward that side before you swing that wing back.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I just bought my IV and with too many helpers and the hurry to get loaded on the trailer one of my ailerons got a leading edge ding. Oops.

Are you supposed to put the flap handle up to keep the rod ends out of the way when you fold the wings?
    Here is my wing fold unfold checklist for my Series 5 that I use so I don't screw anything up. I do not raise the flap handle but if you note # 7 on the wing fold checklist, it tells me to put the control stick toward folding wing and this will get the pushrod out of the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images