Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How to route fuel lines?

Default How to route fuel lines?

New Years Day is a great day to work on a Kitfox SS7 and I am trying to decide the best route for my hoses. Would anyone/everyone look at the two attached photos and give me your thoughts. When the wing is not folded, there is extra hose that has to go somewhere. I look at pictures and the LSA at Oshkosh but the hose is covered by the seat and the fabric behind the head. My pictures show a tentative position. I want to keep the flow down hill. If attached to the fuselage member that supports the seat back what would I use (quick ties, other). Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: How to route fuel lines?

Looks like you have right idea on running your hose. I did mine pretty much the same. All you need is enough extra hose between the wing and fuselage to fold the wings without stressing the hose. There is good threads on the fuel system to check out also.
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying

I just purchased my plane and the one thing I'm going to fix is the builder used zip ties to hold the fuel lines in place. I'm gong to use two adel clamps end to end instead.

The lip of the seat hangs over the horizontal bar and the baggage sack wraps around that bar. Not sure how I will keep the fuel line attached and out of the way?

my 5 has 1 inch pieces of clear fuel line between the mounting area and the fuel line itself with a wire tie around the mounting area thru the 1 in piece of tubing and around the fuel line then back thru the 1 in tube and pulled tight..cut off excess
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL