Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What's the best fuel hose?

Default What's the best fuel hose?

I just bought a mod IV. She's been setting for ten years and needs new rubber hoses. A Google search shows Goodyear has a couple products that may fit the bill, but what else is out there I may not know about? I really need to replace the lines from the wing tanks to the collector tank. They are hard as rocks!
    Thanks,
    Jay

Default Re: What's the best fuel hose?

Jay,

There have been some improvements in utility and price on appropriate automotive fuel hose.

Recently replaced my 5 year old blue lined ($5.00 per foot) fuel injection hose with "Barricade" ($3.50 per foot) which I believe is a Goodyear product. So far I have not noticed any stink like you get with the cheap standard non-fuel injection SAE fuel hose. Interestingly enough, the low permability for Barricade is due to the manufacturer meeting current EPA regulations for evaporative emissions.....also keeps the cockpit stink free from fuel.

You might search the list...there is a whole lot of stuff that people have contributed already on the issue.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

"Barricade" seems to consistently come up as the fuel hose of choice on this forum.

Jim

One of its advertised selling points is that it is an "all fuel" hose...which I see as insurance regarding resistance to contaminants. I don't put corn gas in my plane; but, historically everything, including avgas, has had incidents of contamination.

Dave S