Thank you, Brett.

I'm no machinist either, but I've managed to collect a few tools over the years, and I've always been a builder and "experimenter". I'm REALLY enjoying the Kitfox now, and in fact I'm just about to head for the airport & take advantage of our good weather! While I'm writing, I have to say that I feel a little guilty that I haven't been sending congratulations to many of the people who have accomplished that first flight. I have been monitoring the forum though, and I open up my big mouth every once in awhile to try to add a thought or two. It's so good to follow you guys who are building and sharing your experiences... I love this site and the Kitfox group in general!

Years ago I flew my dad down to a fly-in in Prescott, AZ in my Thorp T-18. We saw a Kitfox for the first time and my father was really taken with it. It reminded him of a little Monocoupe of course, & I think he dreamed a little of building one. I had no interest in the design at the time, but I think that seed was probably planted there. I'm so glad that it grew in me. I wish he could have seen me build and fly this one... he would have loved it.