Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: John's Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: John's Build

Well, today was the day and I finally flew my Kitfox! Pretty uneventful other than obviously having screwed up in checking my wheel alignment... it was a real handful on takeoff and landing. Looks like I've probably got toe-in. I'll check & correct as necessary tomorrow. It also helps if I can keep my big feet off the brakes when I don't want them. I'm not particularly excited about the Kitfox brake/rudder pedal design on the newer series. For me, I have to basically use toe contact only on the bottom portion of the pedals if I don't want to accidentally apply brake, which is kind of awkward with my long legs. Maybe I'll get used to it. The airplane seems to be rigged well, and I didn't detect any need for trim tabs yet. My first takeoff was nothing to brag about, but I live to fly another day! And no scratches on the airplane!

Oh, and my ADS-B Performance Report showed everything working perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime