Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: John's Build

Default Re: John's Build

Be proud John, you've put together a real quality build and I, like many others have followed what you've done with great interest. You will get used to the rudder pedal and toe brake setup. I had exactly the same problem when I started tailwheel training in a Eurofox. Kept hitting the brakes. As Bruce said, toes on the pedals, heels on the floor. Once you get used to it, you'll be tap dancing like a pro !!. Go well, fly safe and congratulations.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Kudos on your first flight John. I have had this thought about the brakes when I was assembling the pedal a few months ago, there is not much play between pushing the pedal for directional control and rotating the pedal for brake activation. Your comment on the difference between newer/older models, I thought Paul at stick and rudder was using the SS7, what model did you fly there?

Great news John! Glad to hear everything is going well! Your diligence and attention to detail has paid off with only one "tiny" issue! Good luck and safe flying!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Congratulations, John!!! That is such an exciting announcement!

On your brakes, is it possible to adjust your master cylinders a little shorter to rotate the peddles forward? I did this on my old IV (different, far worse design) when I shortened the rudder cables to bring the peddles closer for my short legs.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Very happy to see you airborne. This phase 1 isn’t your first rodeo, but I found being a test pilot is a great mental excersize and has it’s own rewards. Enjoy your fine flyer!
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Congratulations John, you've done an amazing job!

I was thinking the same about your brake master cylinders and adjusting the lengths to angle the peddles forward slightly, I have done this on another aeroplane and it made a big difference to inadvertently applying the brake with rudder input. You just need to check clearances at full rudder travel.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

I was there for John's first flight, and it was indeed exciting! Super day finally after so much wind. There was even a bald eagle working a thermal over the runway while John was up.
    I can attest that it is also a real nice looking Fox.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Congratulations John. It has been great following your build over the years. I think you are the first of a few that will fly this summer!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Congratulations John!! It's been great following your build and again thank you for all of the building tips.

Rick

Thumbs up Re: John's Build

You're living the dream John. Welcome to the club of Kitfox owners/pilots/test pilots. James Thomas