Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Does your Kitfox spend much time outdoors?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Does your Kitfox spend much time outdoors?

I've got about 80 hours on my plane so far. I keep it in my garage and would never consider leaving it outside for extended times because of rain, sun, birds, nosy people, etc... Every time I fly I tow it down a rural road about 2 miles to a private grass strip(which presents its own risks, but manageable). From the house to take off is never more than 30 minutes. Out of that 30 minutes, unfolding takes 5 minutes tops by myself. Actually, if anyone is ever there they usually offer to help, but I always politely refuse as helping just messes up my rhythm and makes me forget things. I know guys who take longer pushing their Cessnas out of a hanger.

Granted, my largest concern is cost. I would love to have a hanger, but a hanger would be about $275 here. That's a car payment to me.

My point is it's certainly possible to do the wing folding thing by yourself. To me 5 minutes of work is a small price to pay to keep the plane well protected from the elements etc.
    Last edited by Geowitz; 12-16-2013 at 07:57 PM.