Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Headsets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Headsets

Same deal here, Had a hard time spending 1000 bucks times 2 , then I found a nice headset at a great price from DRE. Not advertised alot but I got 2 ANR headsets for less than the price of one of the fancy ones. I was just on their website and they are $399 for the 6001b , or the 6001t . Mine have worked great for 10 years and the only concession I made was to connect them to ships power instead of batteries. Bruce N199CL

I'm really enjoying my Zulu 2's. They're very comfortable and link nicely to my iPad via BlueTooth for music and aural runway warnings from Foreflight. I wasn't so impressed with their newest model since the controller dongle is pretty massive.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I have used David Clark's for over 30 years, works great. When service was needed, it has been top notch and tech support also.

Dick B

Yes you can get the anr for the kitfox. I have the bose in my rv. I have a dc in my kitfox. it doesn't bother me at all to use the dc in my kitfox, love it in that airplane. the dc in my rv, forget it, too noisy. go from there.

Have Bose X in Kitfox now (preowned). Utilized Lightspeed Zulu and Lightspeed 30 3gs in the Fox also. All are good. I like the Zulus best. Comfortable. Use bluetooth to get a clearance on the ground occasionally. Service with Lightspeed has been excellent. They also usually have a "trade up" program.

http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/co...eupprogram.htm

Maxwell
    Maxwell Duke

Kitfox S6 IO-240 Built it (Flying since 2003)
    Maule M7-235C Sold it (liked it though)
    RV-10 IO-540 Bought it
    Zenith CH-750 Built with 7 friends (DAR Vic Syracuse)

Im thinking of going with the MGL when i get the MGL radio, mostly ive used david clarks though
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I have Zulu's and they are great! However after trying them, I'm now in love with the Halo in ear setup. It's cheaper, much lighter than any headset, passive with no batteries or plane power. I tried one back to back with my zulu's and they were remarkably close in terms of quiet and noise blocking along with stereo sound form both.
    Andy Karmy
    Kitfox 7 - 912S - SOLD
    Auburn, WA

http://kitfoxflying.com