Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What check list for condition inspection

Default What check list for condition inspection

What does everyone use for their annual condition inspection as far as a check list? I found this one on the EAA website. It seems kind of generic, but I guess it would have to be wouldn't it?

http://www.eaa.org/news/2010/Conditi..._Checklist.pdf

Default Re: What check list for condition inspection

Hi Jay,

We have a KF 7 Trigear which had an inspection checklist in the appendix of the construction manual. That is the one I use with addittions and deletions due to certain different systems we have compared to those mentioned in the factory checklist.

Some items I added to the factory checklist include the dual electrical system, throttle cable bugs and the trim assist as they were not on the standard factory checklist.

The purpose of a checklist is to assure you don't get bit in the butt by something that was missed. I believe the Kitfox specific factory checklist with modifications applicable to the specific plane does a pretty good job assuring nothing is missed.

One issue with a general checklist is it's lack of specificity so items might not catch a persons attention. For instance I don't see mention of the nosegear moisture plug in the general checklist. The other problem with a general checklist is listing of inspection points which are not applicable....just gets in the way.

I think the generic checklist is a great starting point if a person uses it as a template to write their own aircraft specific checklist.

But, you know, each of us is wired differently and some peoples heads work just fine with a less specific checklist.

I recall when I was renting aircraft, a great deal of frustration with preflight and operational checklists provided by the FBO which were not in logical order or missed certain points or included stuff not on the airplane. Long ago went to making up my own preflight and operational checklists using for each specific airplane for the same reason.

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers,

Dave S

Thanks Dave. I'll go through the build binder the builder gave me one more time, I may have missed it. I remember the Beechcraft 50 and 100 hour inspection forms being very detailed.

There is a condition inspection checklist in my model 4 construction manual in the very back in the "Parerwork" section. I can't remember if I down loaded it from the factory web site or if it came with the manual. It is kind of general and very long. It looks to be an earlier version on this one now on the factory wed site.
    http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/images..._checklist.pdf

There are two books that have been very useful for me as a builder, maintainer and flyer of a Model 4. The "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" and the "Pilots Operating Handbook" which covers all the model 4s".

There is a condition inspection checklist in the "Pilots Operating Handbook" that I prefer over the all the others. it is more specific to the model 4's and two stroke engines.

The books are on page 7 in the catalogue.
    http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/Produc...rtscatalog.pdf
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Thanks TJ. I emailed the former owner to see what he used as I see nothing in the build manual. The form on the web site is a "final inspection" form and it is very detailed. Maybe too detailed. Instead of "inspect exhaust system for condition, clearance, and attachment", it lists every nut , bolt, and spring. But I understand that approach for a new build inspection.

So if anyone is willing to scan and email their inspection form PM me and I'll send you my email.

I use a variation of the Final inspection form.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

My manual list Airworthiness Certification Inspection.................104

I don't have a 104, or I lost it? Does anyone have a page 104 you can send me? I looked on kitfox and they don't list it?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!