Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Oz build SS7

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Oz build SS7 - Vertical Stabiliser

well, turned the plane around so the tail was closer to the band saw and other gear needed for trimming the plywood. They were pretty easy to locate although the manual stated fairly confidently that they would fit with little or no trimming required. Well there was a bit. I find the band saw good for this as long as I go very slowly. there is no mention the the bottom one needs to be cut but that becomes fairly obvious. And the second one from the bottom is fitted on an incline but that seems to make sense to me as the contours still work and it traverses the opening in the steel frame well. Made up the stiffeners - and a few extras too. ( I need to get some more now for the rudder! Apart from that, I am finding it harder to do the hysol while it is on the plane than on the bench as for the horizontal stab and elevator. Not as neat but still strong. A few photos follow.
    Day off tomorrow as it is Melbourne Cup Day here - State holiday for a horse race and it would be un - Australia to work!

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images