Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Picture is on the West Coast of Tasmania, I live near Deloraine in the central north. There is great flying to be had down here, lots of islands and remote beaches.

Regards
    Rob

Cool, I looked on Google earth some really nice flying I’m sure, beats the devil (Tsmanian Devil) out of flying in North Texas: Flat, farm lands, and towers galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    Picture is on the West Coast of Tasmania, I live near Deloraine in the central north. There is great flying to be had down here, lots of islands and remote beaches.

Regards
    Rob
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Regards
    Rob
    Hi Rob, I've got a few mates with kitfoxes, eurofox's and skyfoxes who are keen to do a lap of tassie , probably be next year if we can put it together. I'm keen to do some exploring up the west coast ,looks great!
    Matty

Hi Ross from Mt Beauty and Aussie Bob,
    This is Rob from Melbourne and I am also building a SS7.
    I am a bit slow on the take up and it is a bit of a story but, I bought the thing with the idea of building it with my son. I hope I haven't left it too late as he is approaching 17 and in the last school years.
    Ross.
    I think Mt Beauty is a wonderful place and we would often stop there both before and after going skiing with the kids.
    I have often thought about buying a home there, flying up and leaving he plane at the airport. Maybe some time in the future after I get the plane flying.
    I travel quite a bit but, happy to talk planes and building anytime.
    Rob

HI Rob and Matt,

So, that's 3 S7's being built in Vic now that I know of! Where are you building Rob and where are you up to? I look forward to you visiting this ski season. And hope you leg is close to letting you fly up Mt Beauty way soon Matt.

cheers

ross

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    HI Rob and Matt,

So, that's 3 S7's being built in Vic now that I know of! Where are you building Rob and where are you up to? I look forward to you visiting this ski season. And hope you leg is close to letting you fly up Mt Beauty way soon Matt.

cheers

ross
    Me too Ross, got my class 2 sorted last week so I'm good to go for a couple of years, there's a few air shows on here in the next month so we'll look at a fly up your way after that, on another note ,had a good look over a highlander last week, being built nearby ,pretty nicely done , very keen to see your Kitfox now.
    Good to hear of another fox in the Melbourne area too ,Rob.
    Matty

Gooday, Rob, Ross, Matty and Phil,

Quite an Aussie contingent we have here! Are any of you going to Temora for Natfly? I am planning a SA tour then across for a day and night at Natfly, it would be great if we could all meet.

Hey Rob, If your son looses interest and you want to sell that kit let me know otherwise I will start to hassle you to get it finished. I still haven't ordered mine but I reckon it will happen soon.

Flat, farm lands, and towers galore.
    Sorry to hear your part of Texas is a bit flat Paul, but I guess it has more flying days than Tasmania which can get a bit wild and wet in winter. I still threaten to visit The States occasionally but if I get the Kitfox, it won't be until its finished.

Question for you folk ... I am 6'4" in the imperial measurement, am I going to fit comfortably? I am sure I can get enough legroom, its my head too near the roof that worries me. A few of the LSA's I fly around here push my headset into my skull a bit. Perhaps you might have another pretend sit sometime Ross and measure your headroom.

Gooday, Rob, Ross, Matty and Phil,

Quite an Aussie contingent we have here! Are any of you going to Temora for Natfly? I am planning a SA tour then across for a day and night at Natfly, it would be great if we could all meet.

Hey Rob, If your son looses interest and you want to sell that kit let me know otherwise I will start to hassle you to get it finished. I still haven't ordered mine but I reckon it will happen soon.

Sorry to hear your part of Texas is a bit flat Paul, but I guess it has more flying days than Tasmania which can get a bit wild and wet in winter. I still threaten to visit The States occasionally but if I get the Kitfox, it won't be until its finished.

Question for you folk ... I am 6'4" in the imperial measurement, am I going to fit comfortably? I am sure I can get enough legroom, its my head too near the roof that worries me. A few of the LSA's I fly around here push my headset into my skull a bit. Perhaps you might have another pretend sit sometime Ross and measure your headroom.
    I'll be heading to Temora on the Friday and leaving Saturday arvo, I'm also going to point cook and Tyabb in the next few weeks , if you see my white/red jigger come and say g'day, otherwise I can PM my mobile to anyone keen on meeting up,
    Matty

That's good Matt - we will be at Temora and hopefully catch up there - and with others if around. We will take our camper trailer and camp there Fri and Sat.

Back from Perth ( work!) and my Kitfox order of bits has arrived so I am keen to get going again - needed Hysol to fit the flaperon brackets and also got a trim indicator and fresh air vents.

Today I was fortunate to have a visit for lunch from my old LAME (well, he isnt THAT old - he used to look after our Mooney in Albury and still runs a large maintenance, charter and flying school business.(Smart Air) Anyway, it was great to have him look carefully over the project and I got a tick which was pleasing. He advised on some general 'good practice' professional things that I found useful. Such as fitting all the bolts facing down in case the nut come off and making sure there were 3 or so threads clear of the nylok nuts - all stuff that most of you would probably be aware of but is useful for me - I have a lot of nuts just firm and not at final torque and hope when finally tightened they reveal 3 + threads. He also questioned why they call for safety wire at the flaperon ends rather than just a spit pin on the castle nut.

Apart from that, he was really impressed by the quality of the kit and satisfied with my workmanship so we were really pleased!

So hopeful I will be posting a little more regularly for a few weeks now.

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aussie Bob,

sorry to miss replying on the head room.

There a few posts in other forums on tall blokes - although I do know that people vary from the waist up and down - ie longer in legs or longer in body. I am about 6'1-2" in the old measure but will take a photo tomorrow for you.

cheers

ross