Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making a lexan windscreen and turtle deck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Making a lexan windscreen and turtle deck

I dont know if anyone touched base on this but you can cold bend lexan in a break, for making a turtle deck out of lexan alone, it can not be M-5 or M-10 lexan it has to be standard lexan it can be tinted, best to use a Die break over a box or finger break unless you have one where you can adjust for thickness, add 20% of the thickness on an adjustable finger/box break from the leading edge of fingers to the edge of lower plate edge
    On a die break use a .03 radius edged knife or 30• degree die, dont use a 90• degree die, you need to go past 90•degrees during bending procedure, if you have some scrap left over after cuttting blank do a practice bend on scrap
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Default Re: Making a lexan windscreen and turtle deck

That is how I fashioned my turtledeck Chase so I know what you are describing will work. 800 plus hour in service. I also attached a piece of extruded aluminum brown window screen frame lengthwise up the middle of my turtledeck to keep it from canning in flight or during taxiing. Riveted it in with brown rivets to match the tint. Works great, weighs almost nothing.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear