Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need to experience kit fox 7

Question Need to experience kit fox 7

Hi From PEI... I'm convinced by the wonderful help of folk here whom I have met and conversed with that the Kit Fox 7 is the way to go. The next step is actually fly in one! I live in Prince Edward Island, eastern Canada (google it!!) and is wondering if there is anyone fairly near who has a kit fox 7 flying? My plan is to grab one of my "flying friends" and go visit. So if there is a kit fox flier out there that would welcome a visit from me, I would very appreciate it.

Also, any thought on the different systems of covering... water borne or the more "toxic" types!

Looking forward to your helpful and insightful thoughts..

Greg

Default Re: Need to experience kit fox 7

I sure can't help with the flier part, but I have had two projects with the "toxic" types and this is my take. It's been around for a long time with lots of history and it works very well with long term success. And with a little luck its use will be for a one time project with a very limited exposure. If I were working in a fabric shop doing covering every day all day for weeks or months at a time, I might think a bit differently about it, but with my two short term uses, I have no personal issues with the chemicals.

In the early days on the forums, there was lots of talk of the hazards of MEK with frequent mention of its carcinogenicity. Check the MSDS and make your choice based on what they say - or don't say.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Default Re: Need to experience kit fox 7

Ditto what Lowell said. As a general rule people who are in the business of covering and painting airplanes will not use the water bourne system. For those with concerns about MEK fumes a breathing air delivery system can be manufactured at home for very reasonable cost.