Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: HUGE thank you to Lowell (HIGHWING) and the forum

Default HUGE thank you to Lowell (HIGHWING) and the forum

I wish to publicly thank Lowell (HIGHWING) for spending 5 1/2, yes five and one-half, hours with me yesterday answering all of my written and verbal pop-up questions; and allowing me to photograph every square inch of his great Kitfox! He was a VERY gracious host, and just plain awesome in his endeavors to help me get the information to get my Kitfox IV-1200 built. I had only seen, and sat in, Bob Forsyth's <rbsj3 here on the forum> Model II down in Arizona during a visit, which by the way, OBVIOUSLY got me into this Kitfox family. (Bob is my "Nam brother." We flew helicopters together in combat, in the same unit. So I get to blame him for my Kitfox addiction!!!)

Lowell's patience, and gracious hospitality was delightful! I now have a far deeper understanding of what I am building, and the standard of care required, due to his fantastic assistance. I feel much more confident now, as I continue to cover the aircraft, and then finish the aircraft construction! THANK YOU LOWELL!!! THANK YOU! Five and a half hours of Ktfox info!! Amazing!

I also wish to also thank each of you who have, and who continue to, contribute to the knowledge base on this forum. This is invaluable information for those of us who are now indebted to you for leading the way, and sharing your experiences with us. THANK YOU!

With that said, I am off to the hanger to start placing the finishing tapes on the left wing!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Red face Re: HUGE thank you to Lowell (HIGHWING) and the forum

Hey, Don't blame your Scout Pilot, You High Bird guys with your head in the clouds, will have to re-learn "Low n Slow" all over again. I'm afraid of high places, so it's always been Low n Slow for me. Never use a map, just read street signs. My Mod 2 has a new fuel pump so I'm almost ready to try out my new airstrip. Yup this site has been a God-send for me with all of the information that is offered by the members. If I hadn't seen this site, and read as much as I could, I never would have known to buy the Mod 2.
    So, I thank everybody that has contributed Info to the site, especially Murle Williams (who did my Conditional and gave me the guts to make my first flight in my little John Deere Kitfox.) Don't believe a thing Grover says, I have it on good authority that he has not been using his Respirator while painting his wings, and has gone to the Dark Side of the Fume World.

Default Re: HUGE thank you to Lowell (HIGHWING) and the forum

I don't really know what to say - except. I don't know any of us who ever thinks we have paid back those who came before and gave us encouragement and the wisdom of their experience. I could fill a page with people I have known only through the internet. Then there are those who I have met face to face, Those I have flown along side of and those who have generously given their time helping with issues and answers - not to mention Hal who got me flying again when my right brake totally failed on my way to Desert Fox early this month.

Buying my first project has proven to be one of my best decisions. For some reason, this little airplane design is a magnet for good people. I probably enjoyed yesterday more than Grover did.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel