Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Tahoe or bust

Default Re: Lake Tahoe or bust

Sorry to hear about the prop but at least you got it home OK. The forecast for tomorrow is rain and possibly rain/snow on Tuesday. I flew a 4 hour cross country flight this morning (working on my PP license and burning off phase 1 time on my Zodiac). It was a miserable day. Turbulence, high winds +20kts and gusty. I was glad to touch down after fighting the plane all morning.

I was hoping to do another 4 hours tomorrow...send me a text when you come up. Our big air show is the last week of August. Come up and display your plane. I will get you a fly by with announcer time.

Default Re: Lake Tahoe or bust

Appreciate the support guys...it's always a hard thing to call off a trip.
    Sky Steve, I will get some shots of the repair in a day or two. I was amazed at how strong and hard the super glue and baking soda reaction worked. Using the liquid (not the gel) glue was the right choice allowing the exposed composite fibers to soak it in. As soon as the baking soda hit, it froze the liquid. Found that I needed to give it a few minutes before filing...needed a little more and was able to build it up...I will always carry super glue and a little container of baking soda from now on. Lucky there was a Walmart close by.
    Desert Fox IV, Always nice to have your wingman watching the tracker...even nicer to call and get some valuable suggestions. Thanks again!
    Tim, Sounds like the weather turned a bit sooner than what the forecast was letting on. I will make that trip at some point, will certainly give a shout out when ready.
    Dan
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ