Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: covering fuselage

Default covering fuselage

Happy Mothers Day All!! I'm finishing up the fuselage portion of the build before I cover, and I wanted some input reguarding Antennas for com and transponder. Do I need to route any antenna wires before covering? I already have the co-pilot and pilot cabeles swagged to each other and the pitch trim cable and wires to electric pitch control done. I'll put my static port in after I have some covered. Dont want to miss anything!

Thanks Patrick
    Series 6 Builder

Default Re: covering fuselage

Transponder antennas usually are located on the bottom of the fuselage so that doesn't have to be routed before covering. I installed two comm antennas in the tail of my model 4 so I installed the cables for those. I have tail light wires also and an extra set of power wires fed to the tail just in case I ever needed them back there. Haven't so far.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I attached pvc tubing to the fuselage before covering so wiring can be routed back later and put my comm and ELT antennas in the vert stab. Other wiring is for the rudder and elevator electric trim tabs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bill, what is for the aluminium pièces on the other side of the rudder face?
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

That is a Bob Archer comm antenna embedded in the ribs, not touching the metal structure and below the fabric. It is a dipole antenna that does not require a ground plane. The other antenna is for the ELT.
    Last edited by mr bill; 05-14-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: add ground info