Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: N37TP update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default N37TP update

Yesterday was the first time for proving that the model 4 speedster will actually fit inside the skeleton of the enclosed trailer. It may be a little difficult to see in this photo but clearances are satisfactory all the way around. I've decided to go with .060 rubber roofing over a thin plywood for the roof which would be very similar to the material used on campers and motorhomes. The side walls and doors will get a prefinished .030 aluminum skin, probably white. The paint blotches on the cowling are test patches. This airplane was complete and flying back in the day and they used 5 different colors for a paint scheme. I looks like a layer of epoxy primer is necessary to separate the old from new paint.
    I'd like to take full credit for the trailer design but much of the innovative ideas came from my flying chum/ace fabricator Dave Engle up in central Square NY. He came up with the trough in the floor for the tailwheel which helped give us that wedge shape.
    Tom Parkhurst
    Attached Images Attached Images