Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: model 1 wheels and brakes

Default model 1 wheels and brakes

Does anyone have the matco part number for the wheels and brake calipers for a model 1or know the matco part number for a substitute

Default Re: model 1 wheels and brakes

I have been rebuilding an old Model 2, and have replaced the wheels, brakes and tires. The original tires and wheels were ATV stuff, and I never could find any exact replacements, as the originals dated from the early 90's. The brakes were made for go-carts, and I was able to track down the original manufacturer, who is still in business, but the brakes only had a single puck, about 1" in diameter, and I thought they were marginal. I ended up replacing the wheels with ones recommended by John McBean, which were from Matco. I also got Matco brakes, and it took some time to get everything fitted, but it worked out. Oh, by the way, I replaced the original landing gear with the "Bush Gear" from John, getting a much wider stance, and more prop ground clearance.

If you are interested in the part numbers for the wheels and brakes that I used, I will be glad to send them to you, along with pictures. I also got some 21" tires that fit on the 6" wheels from Matco. These came from Matco as well.

What was the part number for the bush gear and how much did they cost?

I have a model 2 with same issue can use please send me the part numbers you used. Thanks

There is a guy on this forum that posted for sale what you may need about a week ago. Look in the classifieds. JImChuk

Model 1 had two different styles of brake i belive. One brand was Matco, it was bolted to rim around the outside of rotor and tabs welded to rim to mount it.
    Hurst Airheart is the other, it bolted to the hub around the inside of the rotor. But i c ur lookin for the matco info.

I also have a complete set of Kitfox 1 8" wheels, hubs, rotors, and Airheart brakes. I could be perswaded to part with them.... JImChuk