Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Hangar Insurance

Default Hangar Insurance

Just bought a share of a hangar and am finding out that the insurance is twice as much as my house. I don't understand why? I was just wondering those of you who own a hangar who do you insurance with and what are you paying. thanks
    Dj Series 6

Default Re: Hangar Insurance

I own part of two hangers. One is a $60k hanger in Caldwell Idaho and one is a $140k hanger in Nampa Idaho. I have $2M in liability and the above mentioned values on the hangers. The total bill is $639 a year shared amoung all owners.

My insurance Co is Farm Bureau.

Quote Originally Posted by hansedj View Post
    Just bought a share of a hangar and am finding out that the insurance is twice as much as my house. I don't understand why? I was just wondering those of you who own a hangar who do you insurance with and what are you paying. thanks
    An aviation insurance agent can help - who is your a/c with?
    Harold Miller
    Austin, TX
    Mod 3 #845
    with ALL Mod 4 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    I own part of two hangers. One is a $60k hanger in Caldwell Idaho and one is a $140k hanger in Nampa Idaho. I have $2M in liability and the above mentioned values on the hangers. The total bill is $639 a year shared amoung all owners.

My insurance Co is Farm Bureau.
    To my knowledge the Farm Bureau does not now nor have they ever written aviation exposures. I would get a letter from the company (not the agent) stating they are aware that these are hangars (note correct spelling) with aviation exposures otherwise no matter how cheap, if there is no coverage and a claim is denied, it's very high priced!
    Harold Miller
    Austin, TX
    Mod 3 #845
    with ALL Mod 4 upgrades