Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Still flying skis in northern Mn

Default Still flying skis in northern Mn

Hi guys, global warming, my foot! Yesterday, April 20 I went for a flight with the Avid still on skis, and not wheel skis either. Actually before I could go flying, I had to pack the strip because of the blizzard we had on Thursday. Well here are some of the pics I took. And if anyone is going through to hot of weather where you are, we had +1 F at 4 AM yesterday morning. Looked through my log book, and in the last 7 years I couldn't see any flights on skis in April till this year. Enjoy! Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Still flying skis in northern Mn

Jim, hang in there just a little more. We have 92 today so I'm shipping you some of our air to mix in with some of yours. If we work together we can both be more comfortable.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Still flying skis in northern Mn

'Ya, sure, 'ya betcha.....

......got 10" of something resembling wet cement the other day.......left the plane in the hangar 'cuz some of us do not have skiis; and, we don't know why that is ......supposed to be only 8" overnight tonight.........

Dave S
    "Minnesnowta "
    Last edited by Dave S; 04-22-2013 at 05:09 AM.