Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Purchasing the Kit as I build.. anyone doing this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Purchasing the Kit as I build.. anyone doing this?

Hey Greg, the basic kit is 20,000. By the time I put all the options on my plane it was another 7G. That was stuff like laker leading edge, profiled tail, adj. rudder pedals, quick build wing, cargo kit, etc. All these options are really nice but in hind sight you can get a lot of that stuff after.

So I am up to 27,000 by the time I paid to have it shipped it to Canada it was just shy of 30,000 and then I had to pay wonderful HST at 13%.

Then I bought some tools and things so I was roughly at $35,000 before I did anything to the plane. Hope this doesnt scare you off but this is a realistic Canadian cost. You can trim some fat off the options.

Hope this gives you some insight to if you buy the whole kit at once.

Default Re: Purchasing the Kit as I build.. anyone doing this?

having built a couple of the fox, I believe that Dave S is correct in trying to buy the wings and fuselage at the same time. it seems they are related enough to warrant the expense. I bought my first one with everything at one time, it was stupid. It took me much longer to build and I threw many items out such as dope. The engine sat for too long and I would have done something different than the 912UL if I had not bought it already.
    It is fun, enjoy it.
    John and Debra are going to be around a long time, they will take care of you.