Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: finished wing strut brackets

Default finished wing strut brackets

Hello all, Could someone please show a close up picture of their finished wing strut attachment points. I'm putting on the patches over fabric reinforcement plates, and i'm curious about how much the fabric flexes during flight. Does a guy just cut the patches to fit snuggly and call it good?

Thanks

Default Re: finished wing strut brackets

Yeah, just get them close and you're good. A little gap is fine, maybe 1/8 inch where the bracket protrudes, but there are some places where I can stick my finger through due to nature and shape of the bracket. Not a problem. Here is a pic of mine. Still need to clean some of the fabric glue off of them...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Geowitz; 03-21-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geowitz View Post
    Yeah, just get them close and you're good. A little gap is fine, maybe 1/8 inch where the bracket protrudes, but there are some places where I can stick my finger through due to nature and shape of the bracket. Not a problem. Here is a pic of mine. Still need to clean some of the fabric glue off of them...

Perfect!!!! Thanks Geo!

I agree with Geowitz, I made mine tight and have no problems after 55 hours of flight. I dont think a little gap will hurt either.

WISDAN
    Model IV
    Jabiru 2200